I have taken a liking to preparing vegetable milk at home and I am preparing all the ones I have tried in a homemade version. Quinoa milk reminds me a bit of oat milk in consistency and flavor and best of all, it is gluten-free, so if you are celiac or follow a gluten-free diet, you can take it without problems.
To prepare the quinoa milk you only need water and quinoa, although I have also added dates and cinnamon, they give it a very rich flavor and are healthy and natural ingredients. In general, I always sweeten non-dairy milk with dates, they are healthy and much cheaper than other sweeteners such as agave or maple syrup.
- 1 taza de quinoa cocinada (240 gramos)
- 3 tazas de agua (750 mililitrros)
- 4 dátiles
- 1/4 cucharadita de canela
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package . Let cool.
- Put the quinoa and water in a blender or food processor and mix until completely combined.
- Strain the quinoa milk using cheesecloth, a cloth, a vegetable milk maker, or a very fine strainer to separate the liquid from the pulp.
- Pour the quinoa milk back into the blender, add the dates and cinnamon and blend again.
- Store the quinoa milk in a bottle or container airtight in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.