recently tried quinoa and it was love at first sight, I love it! That’s why, even though it’s starting to get hot, I couldn’t resist preparing this quinoa chili. Chilis make me crazy, Mexican food in general or any spicy dish, so I had to try it. The result has not disappointed me, it is to die for.
We already talked about quinoa in our recipe for quinoa with vegetables, so if you want to know more About this delicious and nutritious pseudocereal you can’t miss that entry, in addition, the recipe is to lick your fingers and is very simple.
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla
- 1 guindilla o pimienta cayena o una pizca de cayena en polvo
- 2 tomates
- 1 taza de salsa de tomate (270 gramos)
- 1 cucharada de cilantro seco
- 1 cucharada de comino
- 1 cucharada de pimentón dulce
- Pimienta negra al gusto
- 1 taza de quinoa cocinada (185 gramos)
- 1 taza de granos de maíz (150 gramos)
- 1 taza de alubias rojas cocidas (115 gramos)
- El zumo de medio limón
- 2 ó 3 tazas de agua (500 ó 750 mililitros)
- 1 aguacate
- 1 zanahoria
- Crema agria para acompañar
- In a pot add the oil and when is hot add the garlic, the chopped onion and the chopped chilli. Let them brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices and herbs (coriander, cumin, paprika and pepper), cooked quinoa, corn and cooked red beans. Add 2 or 3 cups of water (the ingredients should be covered by the water) and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- When the chili is ready, add lemon juice and serve with avocado, carrot and sour cream on top.
Receta adaptada de Damn Delicious.