Making vegan custard is very easy, you just have to replace the eggs with cornstarch and the milk with any vegetable milk that you like. The texture is the same and they come out of scandal.
As this week we are sharing healthy alternatives for Halloween, we have prepared the pumpkin custard, but you can make it in any other flavor: vanilla, chocolate, apple, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, put it in a blender together with 1 and a half cups of the almond milk or 375 ml, the coconut milk, the brown sugar and the cinnamon powder.
- Whip until all the ingredients are perfectly integrated.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and cook over high heat. li>
- Meanwhile, put the cornstarch and the rest of the almond milk in a glass and stir Stir well until smooth.
- Pour the milk and cornstarch mixture into the saucepan, stir, and continue cooking over medium-high heat for up to about 5 minutes or until you get a thick cream. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the custard in individual containers and let cool at room temperature for a while and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. li>
- And our vegan pumpkin custard is ready! We have decorated them with a little cinnamon powder, but you can also place a cookie on top or whatever you want.
* You can use the vegetable milk a> whatever you want.