Pumpkin Pie Oats naturally sweetened with pumpkin butter! Topped with coconut whipped cream and maple cinnamon pecans for a whimsical twist. Only 30 minutes and 10 ingredients needed.
Maple -Cinnamon Pecans
- 1/2 c up span> Pecans
- 2 cc Coconut oil (fondue)
- 1 Soup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Soup maple syrup
- 1 healthy pinch span> < span class="wprm-recipe -ingredient-name">any salt + ground cinnamon
- < li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;"> 2 cups Water (up to 3/4 w with unsweetened almond milk for creamier oats) li>
- 1 pinch sea salt li>
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats*
- 1/4 cc ground cinnamon / span> (more to taste)
- 1/4 cc pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 Càs Maple Syrup (or sub-coconut sugar // more to taste)
- 1 /4 cup Pumpkin Butter* (more to taste and topping) span>
- Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 176°C and arrange the pecans on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, start your oats by adding water or almond milk (almond milk yields a creamier result) in a small saucepan.
- After cooking, add a pinch of salt and then add the rolled oats. Shake to apply. Then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the oats are tender.
- Meanwhile, add the pecans to the preheated ones bake and toast for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, add melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon to a small mixing bowl and Whisk vigorously.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and add them directly to the oil and spice mixture. Flip to coat, then return to the baking sheet. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once the oats are done cooking, remove from heat and add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice , maple syrup ( or coconut blossom sugar) and pumpkin butter*. Stir to combine. Then taste and season as needed. I added more pumpkin butter and sweetener.
- Spread the oatmeal among the serving bowls and top with coconut whipped cream (optional), extra pumpkin butter (optional) and maple cinnamon pecans. Ground cinnamon makes a colorful garnish.
- Preferably fresh. Store leftovers (separately) covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. Microwave or small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot, add more water or almond milk if too dry.