Easy pumpkin butter in 20 minutes with just 8 simple ingredients! Creamy, thick, flavorful and naturally sweet! Perfect for spreading on fall treats.
- 2 15 ounces Canned Pumpkin Puree n (no pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 cup Coconut Sugar or Muscovado Sugar (or subbio brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Grade A is best)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
1 Soup Lemon Juice li>
- 2 1/2 TL Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 1/2 TL ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan or saucepan. medium heat – high heat and stir to combine.
- Once it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer. You are looking for a frequent blister. So if not much is happening on the surface, increase the heat to medium-low. If the bubbling is too much, reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It’s 20 minute pumpkin butter, but if you have more time, leave it on the stovetop for an additional 5-10 minutes to deepen the flavor and thicken the texture. However, 20 minutes was almost perfect!
- Adjust flavor and spices as needed, add more coconut sugar or maple syrup for sweetness, lemon juice for acidity , cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for the heat, or salt to balance the flavor.
< li id="wprm-recipe-35477-step-0-4" class="wprm-recipe -instruction" style ="list-style-type: decimal;">