In my house pumpkin has never been eaten and until recently I did not know the number of delicious recipes that can be made with this ingredient. I thought it was used to puree vegetables and little else, but you can prepare delicious recipes like these pumpkin and chocolate pancakes, which we literally devoured as soon as we finished taking the photos.
If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I am doing a challenge of not consuming sugar and refined sweeteners for 60 days, although I have the intention to continue with the habit when the challenge is over. Sugar is very harmful to our health and it is not worth taking when there are so many healthy alternatives that we can use. These pancakes have chocolate chips with sugar that I bought at the supermarket because when we made the recipe I wasn’t doing the challenge yet, but from now on all the recipes on the blog will be made with healthier sweeteners.
- 1 taza de calabaza cruda (150 gramos)
- 1 taza de harina de arroz (150 gramos)
- 1 taza de harina de avena (120 gramos)
- 2 cucharaditas de levadura
- 1 1/4 tazas de leche de arroz (300 mililitros)
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce
- 1 cucharada de aceite de coco
- 1 cucharadita de canela
- 1/8 de cucharadita de jengibre en polvo
- 1/8 de cucharadita de nuez moscada
- 1 clavo
- 1/2 taza de chips de chocolate (90 gramos)
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (rice flour, oatmeal, yeast, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg). You can make oatmeal by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or grinder.
- In another bowl, mix the liquid ingredients (milk, maple syrup and the oil that must be liquid).
- Add the pumpkin, the chopped cloves to the liquid ingredients and beat with a mixer. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix again.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir the mixture with a spoon.
- Put a drop of oil in a frying pan and spread it with a paper napkin. When hot, add ¼ cup of the batter and leave for about 2 minutes on each side. We know that we have to turn the pancake when the edges are golden and it is easy to turn it with the help of a spatula.