It’s finally Halloween! In case you haven’t noticed, it’s a celebration that we like very much and of course, throughout this month we have given you several ideas of simple recipes for the occasion. For those of you who want to do something at the last minute, these puff pastries with pumpkin jam are perfect, or for those of you who have decorated a pumpkin and want to take advantage of its meat.
If you don’t feel like making pumpkin jam or if you don’t like it, you can fill it with peach or orange jam, which are also orange in color and are sold in any supermarket, although their thing is pumpkin jam because it is more typical of this day.
- Masa de hojaldre (en nuestro caso La Cocinera porque es vegana)
- 300 gramos de calabaza
- 75 mililitros de agua
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de ágave (miel, azúcar, o el enzuldante que queráis)
- El zumo de medio limón
- 1,5 gramos de agar agar
- We start with the jam< /strong>. We chop the pumpkin and put it in a saucepan with the water, the lemon juice and the agave and put on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Look at the container of your agar agar strong> and you will know how long it has to be boiling. We add it to the jam 4 minutes before removing it from the heat. You can do without the agar agar, although you will have a more liquid jam.
- Remove from the heat and crush with the help of a blender. li>
- When the jam is colder we can put it in a pot. The jam may be very runny at first, but it will solidify as it cools down.
- Using a round cutter Make circles with the puff pastry. We leave half of the circles as is and the other half with the help of a knife we make the eyes and the mouth. We paint all the circles with water, although if you prefer you can use an egg (although it would no longer be a vegan recipe).
- We take one of the circles without a face , prick it several times with a fork, add a spoonful of pumpkin jam without reaching the edges so that it does not come out, put >on top one of the circles with a face and with a fork we make marks around the puff pastry to seal it and make it closed (see how they look in the photos) . We repeat the operation with all the puff pastries.
- We place our puff pastries on a grid with baking paper and put in the preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.