This potato salad is perfect to enjoy with the family all summer long! It is extremely easy to prepare and the truth is that it is ready in 30 minutes. Perfect to take to work or to the beach!
It is delicious and very tasty and you can take it both for lunch and dinner. In addition, you can also prepare it in large quantities, because it will last in good conditions for about 5 days. This Summer Potato Salad is sure to help you beat the heat!
- 900 g patatas doradas Yukon o rojas, peladas y cortadas en cubos de 2.5 cm
- 2/3 taza mayonesa vegana (160 g)
- 2 cucharaditas mostaza amarilla
- 2 cucharaditas líquido de pepinillos, vinagre de manzana o zumo de limón
- 1/2 cucharadita sal
- 1/2 cucharadita pimienta negra molida
- 1/2 cucharadita ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita pimentón
- 1/4 taza pepinillos en escabeche (50 g), cortados
- 4 cebolletas, cortadas muy finas
- 1 tallo de apio, cortado
- 170 g tofu firme (opcional)
- Cut and cook the potatoes in a pot with water over medium heat until tender.
- Strain and let cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix vegan mayonnaise, mustard, pickle liquid, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika until well combined.
- Put the potatoes in the bowl and mix well with the rest of the ingredients (pickles, spring onions, celery and tofu).
- Try it and add more spices if you want.
- Serve the potato salad immediately or transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for before 1 to 2 hours.
- Store leftover summer potato salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can use whatever kind of potato, pickle, mustard, and onion you prefer.
- Omit ingredients you don’t like or add different herbs or spices to taste.
- The amount of vegan mayonnaise can vary depending on how you want your potato salad.
- Tofu is optional, but is an excellent source of vegan protein and a great alternative to eggs. Extra firm tofu is also a good option for this summer potato salad recipe.
- I added a little paprika before serving the potato salad, but that’s completely optional.
- You’ll find pickle liquid in any pickle jar.