Very good to all! Today I bring you an easy and delicious recipe for breakfast, snacks or simply to treat yourself to a sweet treat. It is a classic but with a sweeter and tastier touch: Peanut butter toast with roasted apple cubes, agave syrup and walnut pieces.
As a base, I have used a whole wheat farmhouse bread with seeds, with a lighter crumb and a lot of air. I recommend that you use a similar type of bread, with a little dense crumb, because if you use a bread with a lot of crumb it will make a ball. This toast has a good base of peanut butter that is already characterized by being dense. So keep that in mind!
2 slices of whole wheat country bread
1 small apple
Cinnamon in powder
A splash of water
A handful of Walnuts
Step by step
- Cut the apple into small cubes and place it on a baking tray.
- Bath with a dash of agave syrup and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Add a dash of water, creating a base of 0.5cm of water, so that the apple is roasted / steamed and does not dry out.< /li>
- We bake at 180 degrees, lit from above and below. If your oven only has one mode, turn it over to medium heat.
- We keep it for about 20 minutes, although the time may vary depending on the type of oven. You will know that they are ready when they are very tender, the water has been consumed and they look slightly toasted.
- Toast the country bread and spread it generously with peanut butter and place the apple on top of the toast.
- Take a few walnuts, chop them and we pour over.
- And that’s it!Toast the bread and spread with peanut butter.