Although I’m more into sweet than salty for breakfast, I can’t resist a good homemade jam, especially if it’s peach jam, my childhood favorite and the one that brings back the best memories.
The good thing about jams is that we can enjoy fruits that are out of season and that we will miss throughout the year. Therefore, taking advantage of the fact that the peaches are ending their season and that we needed the jam for the recipe for peach and pistachios tart from the El Asaltablogs challenge we have decided to make it.
- 300 gramos de melocotón
- 75 mililitros de agua
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de ágave
- El zumo de medio limón
- 2 gramos de agar agar
- Peel the peaches and chop them. The size does not matter because then we are going to crush the jam.
- Put the pieces of peach in a saucepan with the water, lemon juice and agave and put it over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Look at the container of your agar agar and you will know how long it has to be boiling. We add it to the jam 4 minutes before removing it from the heat.
- Remove from the heat and blend with the help of a blender.
- When the jam is colder we can put it in a jar.