Very good to everyone! Today I come to introduce a new ingredient: pea paste, made with pea flour. This is not like the typical supermarket pasta that is supposed to be made from vegetables but actually contains 3%, this it is a paste that is actually made from peas.
It is a naturally gluten-free pasta, because instead of wheat or other cereals, it is made up of 100% pea flour. There are also some interesting alternatives such as lentil pasta. They are rich in protein and suitable for coeliacs. Also, for pasta lovers like me, it’s an interesting variation, because we can add some nutritional variety and flavor to our diet without giving up one of our favorite dishes.
200 gr of pea paste (you can also use traditional, lentil paste…)
3 handfuls of fresh spinach
200 gr of cooked peas (you can use canned)
1 brick of 200 ml of soy cream (you already have it in Vegaffinity, Mercadona, Consum…)
1/2 handful of nutritional yeast
Step by step
- In a pot with plenty of water, cook the pea paste and keep it gently boiling. The cooking time is less than that of traditional pasta, in 4-6 minutes you will have it.
- On the other hand, we cut a garlic into thin slices and sauté it with olive oil in the pan.< /li>
- When it is a bit golden, add the chopped onion and continue to sauté.
- When the onion is a little more tender, add the 3 handfuls of fresh spinach and the peas.
- Sauté until until the spinach has reduced in size and looks tender
- Add the soy cream and cook over medium/low heat for about 3 min., stirring periodically.
- Add the half handful of nutritional yeast and salt to taste.
- Continue to keep the heat on medium-low, until the cream and vegetables reduce and create a smooth and thick sauce.
- When the sauce has the texture you want, turn off the heat and mix with the pea paste.
- And that’s it! Serve hot.