Hi Hi! How are you? Today I bring you a recipe that I really wasn’t sure whether to upload or not, since lately I’ve brought you quite a few recipes with pasta. Even so, when I uploaded the photo to Instagram< /a>, several of you told me that you would like the recipe, so in the end I decided to upload it.
This recipe is quite different from the pasta dishes that I usually share and eat, because it uses a white pepper sauce, a spice that I haven’t really explored too much. Still, I think that a good pepper sauce to accompany a seitan steak, a pasta dish or a salad can be a great plus in a recipe, so I dared to experiment and the truth is that the result was great
200 gr of macaroni
4 cloves of garlic
1 cup fine textured soybeans
Milk soybeans without sugar
A handful of hazelnuts
Step by step
- First of all, we will cook the pasta in abundant boiling water following the instructions on the package. I cook it for about 8 minutes, so that it is al dente. When it’s ready, strain and set aside.
- On the other hand, peel and cut the 4 garlic cloves into thin slices.
- Chop the half onion as well and set aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in the frying pan and, when hot, add the garlic.
- Let them toast over medium-low heat and, when they are ready, add the onion. We also toast.
- Meanwhile, fill a cup with the fine textured soybeans.
- Above it, add the water to fill the cup and keep it soaking for 5 minutes. li>
- After the five minutes, we tasted one of the soybeans for hardness. Ideally, it should be soft and very slightly crisp. (Very lightly, it should not be hard).
- If it is ready, remove it from the water and add it to the pan.
- Add another splash of olive oil and sauté the soy for about 10 minutes.
- It is important that we roast the textured soybeans well to later get that crunchy texture in the sauce.
- While roasting, we are going to prepare the hazelnut-based seasoning, crushing a handful of hazelnuts with two or three pinches of basil and salt.
- Next, add unsweetened soy milk until it lightly covers the sauté. Look at the image below.
- Next we add 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper (add little by little and taste the sauce if you are not used to consuming white pepper, because depending on the brand it can be too spicy).
- We also add a teaspoon of black pepper, half a teaspoon of the hazelnut seasoning that we have just prepared, salt to taste and stir.
- Leave in a gentle boil for 3 or 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the pasta to the pan, sauté for two minutes and that’s it.
- Serve hot and with a little of the hazelnut seasoning sprinkled on top .