In my day to day I always make simple pasta recipes that are ready in about 15 or 20 minutes, like this pasta with Piquillo pepper sauce. You just have to cook the pasta and while you prepare the sauce.
You can use any type of pasta, I personally like to use spaghetti for sauces that are whipped, but it’s a matter of taste. I also use gluten-free pasta, which you can find in any supermarket, at least in Spain.
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 4 tomates secos
- 2/3 taza pimientos del Piquillo (150 g)
- 1 taza de salsa de tomate (250 g)
- 1 cucharada de orégano
- 240 g de pasta (8.5 oz)
- Sal al gusto
- Queso Parmesano vegano
- Cook pasta according to package instructions .
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan add a splash of olive oil and when it is hot add the chopped garlic. Cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- To hydrate dried tomatoes you can soak them overnight or leave them in a bowl of water for 20 or 30 minutes hot.
- In a blender, combine the garlic with the oil, the dried tomatoes, the peppers and the tomato sauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the oregano and drained pasta and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a little oregano and Parmesan on top.