Garlic Oil Pasta (better known as spaghetti aglio e olio in Italian) is one of the easiest pasta recipes out there, yet it’s incredibly tasty.
It is a typical pasta dish of Naples cuisine, whose basic ingredients are pasta (usually spaghetti), garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
- 225 g de espaguetis (1/2 libra), sin gluten si es necesario
- 4 dientes de ajo, troceados
- 1/4 taza de aceite de oliva virgen extra (4 cucharadas)
- Una pizca de cayena en polvo (opcional)
- 1 cucharada de perejil fresco, troceado
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package . It is important that you add salt to the cooking water because it is the only salt that the dish will take.
- Meanwhile, add the oil and the cold garlic to a pan and cook over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. At the end, add the cayenne powder and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Strain the spaghetti and add them to the pot along with the sauce and parsley. Stir until well integrated. If the pasta is too dry, you can add more oil or a little cooking water.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 -4 days.
- The nutritional information has been calculated with normal spaghetti, although I used gluten-free spaghetti (specifically quinoa and rice spaghetti).
- The amount of sodium is not exact, as it does not include the salt in the cooking water. Because pasta doesn’t absorb all the salt, it’s not easy to tell how much sodium is in a recipe.