I hope you have enjoyed these holidays a lot. Of course, Lluís and I have had a great time with the family and enjoying some moments of relaxation that have been very good for us to catch our breath and start this new year to the fullest. Sure Many of you already have your list of good resolutions and surely more than one has said to himself “this year I am going to take care of myself and I am going to exercise”. For all of you who are confirmed to me, today’s recipe is going to be cool: oat and Goji berry energy bars.
Goji berries are a red fruit native to China. Here in Spain we find it dehydrated. It has a very mild sweet taste with a rather acid touch. A few years ago, these berries became fashionable for being considered asuperfood with anti-aging properties. Personally, I think you shouldn’t get carried away by these sensationalist labels and you should always check what truths and lies are behind them.
- 140 g of fine oatmeal
- 100 g Goji berries
- 60 g coconut oil
- 40 g toasted hazelnuts
- 50 g dark chocolate without sugar
- First, melt the coconut oil if needed. When the temperature is below 21º the coconut oil is in a solid state (butter). a few seconds in the microwave is enough.
- Line a rectangular mold with plastic wrap.
- Crush the Goji berries with the coconut oil, the hazelnuts and the oat flakes.
- Pass this dough into the mold, pressing and leveling well so that there is a compact bar with the perfect shape.
- Melt the chocolate and cover the dough of the bars. Decorate with some Goji berries and let cool in the fridge.
- Once it has hardened, you can cut the bars.
< div class="ERSClear">