Very good to all! Today I bring a very basic basic recipe, more than easy, perfect for beginners and anyone who wants to be introduced to vegetarian / vegan cooking. A baked of No beer chicken, using vegetable chicken from the Heura brand. Indeed, I have put together in one recipe the two things you like most in life: beer and Heura.
Heura is a vegetable protein that is reminiscent of chicken in taste and texture. I know that there is not Heura in all countries (for now 🙂 ) but here is the map of countries and physical and online stores where you can buy Heura, which are already in many parts of Europe, the United States and Asia. Still, if you can’t buy it, you can substitute it for Seitan o tofu marinated and spiced with taste.
1 box of Heura Mediterranean flavor
1/2 cup of beer
1/2 head of garlic
1 large tomato
1 red pepper
3 or 4 pre-cooked potatoes
*If your baking tray is not non-stick, you will need baking paper
Step by step
- If you have frozen Heura, defrost it before leaving it out of the freezer until it is more tender. (If you are going to use Seitan or Tofu, make sure they are thick strips so they don’t get stiff in the oven)
- Meanwhile, pre-cook the diced potatoes until they are tender. This way we will achieve an optimal result in texture after baking.
- On the other hand, cut the 2 onions into slices, strip the pepper and the 2 carrots, slice the tomato and place it all inside the tray.< /li>
- Next, we put the cooked potatoes and the Heura on the tray.
- We add generous sweet paprika, garlic powder, parsley and rosemary.
- Now, we add a light touch of black pepper and salt to taste.
- We cover everything with a generous splash of olive oil, 1/2 glass of beer, a splash of 1/2 lemon and stir.
- Stir very, very well.
- Place 1/2 head of garlic in the center and grease with another dash of olive oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees, lit from above and below, about 20 minutes or until the potatoes and the Heura are already golden brown.
- Enjoy this piece of recipe!