Good morning guys! I promised you a recipe with the Isshotea Matcha Tea that I taught by Instagram Stories and here I bring it to you: therecipe with the step by step to make my Vegan Cheesecake with Matcha Tea.
You already know that I Before, I had cooked with Matcha Tea, but like everyone I’ve been hearing about it for months: yes, energy balls coated in Matcha, yes Matcha-Latte… I found a thousand and one different recipes… And if I’m honest, until two days ago I wasn’t sure how it was used… So I started browsing to introduce myself to modern life.
140 hazelnuts (toasted or not)
200 grams of cashews (soaked for 1 night)
12 pitted dates of medium size
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
400 mlCoconut milk (preferably canned, refrigerate overnight to thicken)
50 gr Vegan cheese (I used a Wenslaydale type with Cranberrys, coconut based, but you can innovate)
2 tablespoons of Matcha tea Gourmet
Optional: a pinch of debittered Brewer’s Yeast.
Optional: Coconut Oil
*If you want to substitute any ingredient, read the notes below the recipe.
We will need a medium sized pan and a food processor to grind.
Step by step
- We will start by grinding the 140 grams of Hazelnuts until they turn into powder. On the other hand, the 12 pitted dates until a sticky and undone mass is created.
To grind ground use an electric coffee grinder. It is powerful and its blades are prepared for hard objects.
- We take the hazelnuts and crushed dates, pour them into a bowl and add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a long splash of Agave Syrup.
- Mix everything well with the help of of a spoon until the dough is as homogeneous as possible.
- Then, we pour it over the mold and we will distribute it throughout the base and a small part of the sides, as I show you in the photos .
Here is a trick: it is best to wet a soup spoon and use it to compact the dough while we adapt it to the shape of our mold. Wetting the spoon will prevent the pasta from sticking and we can work it calmly.
- We put our mold in the freezer while we prepare the vegan cream cheese for our cake.
- To do this, we take the coconut milk out of the fridge and put it in our food processor together with the juice of 1 lemon, the 50 grams of vegan cheese and 1 small teaspoon of coconut yeast (the latter is optional).
- Crush everything until it is homogeneous again.
- Now we add 3 tablespoons of syrup Agave, 200 grams of soaked Cashew Nuts, 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil (optional) and grind for as long as necessary so that the cream is smooth and without lumps.
- Pourhalf of that cream over the mold and reserve the cake in the fridge.< img class="aligncenter size-large wp-image-5474" src="https://recetasveganas.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Tarta-sin-oven-cheesecake-vegano-te-matcha-organico -4-1024x371.jpg" alt="" width="1024" height="371">
- Meanwhile, with the leftover cream cheese we are going to prepare the Cheese + Matcha layer.< /li>
- To do this we will add two tablespoons of Matcha to the leftover and mix well.
- Pour the vegan Cream Cheese and Matcha over the mold and put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- When the hour has passed we can unmold our cake and decorate with a little more green tea. To decorate it without creating lumps and the layer being regular, I sieved a very fine strainer to sprinkle the tea on top.
- Finally, we can cut our cake and enjoy the three different layers. Remember to keep the leftovers in the fridge! (If left over).