The niçoise, nicoise or nizarda salad is a typical salad from the Nice region. I have seen a thousand different recipes on the internet using all kinds of ingredients, so I have made my own version to my liking.
- 2 patatas pequeñas (150 g)
- 1/2 taza de habas congeladas (85 g)
- 1 taza de lechuga romana (50 g), troceada
- 6 tomates cherry, troceados
- 1/3 taza de atún vegano (110 g)
- 1/4 cebolla morada, troceada
- 1/4 taza de aceitunas negras (45 g)
Para el aliño:
- 3 cucharadas de agua
- 2 cucharadas de tahini
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón o lima
- 1 cucharada de levadura nutricional o de cerveza
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Wash and chop the potatoes (we don’t peel them) and steam or cook them until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen broad beans according to package directions.< /li>
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- To assemble the salad, use a large plate, bowl or salad bowl and first add the lettuce covering the entire base. Add the ingredients in heaps on top as you can see in the photos and serve with the dressing separately or on top. If you don’t want to complicate your life, you can mix all the ingredients and the dressing directly.
- The salad is best fresh, but it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 or 2 days, with the dressing aside.
- You can eliminate, substitute or add any ingredient you like because salads always look good.
- Tahini can be replaced with 2 or 3 tablespoons of oil, eliminating the water or even for a simpler version, dress the salad only with oil and salt.