Good morning everyone! We continue with the recipes that I taught you by Instagram, and today it’s time for me to share these Meatless Nachos that I improvised the other day for a series of moments.
There is no photo of the step by step because it was an improvised snack, but in reality this recipe is so easy that you won’t need it either. Basically they are homemade nachos made with wheat tortillas cut into triangles, as you saw in the recipe at Homemade lentil hummus. On top, as a topping, I chose sliced vegan cheese type ‘mozarella’ from the Violife brand (I buy it at Cónsum), purple onion, a tomato , mushrooms, green pepper and vegetarian bolognese made with textured soy. A classic already on this blog.
3 wheat tortillas for burritos (I used the small ones, but you can use the large ones anyway)
2 slices of vegan cheese ( I used sliced Violife mozarella, because it melts a lot)
1/3 green pepper
1/3 red onion
1/2 cup fine textured soybeans
1/2 cup tomato sauce
Step by step
- First, place the fine textured soybeans in a cup and cover half the height of the soybeans with water.
- Add a teaspoon of paprika, another of oregano and stir to distribute the spices well. Leave for a few minutes, stirring periodically so that the water hydrates all the soybeans.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, the green pepper, the tomato and slice the mushrooms.
- In a pan , heat a splash of olive oil and add the sliced mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are sliced, add the soybeans and stir. Sauté for 5 minutes and add salt to taste, a pinch of oregano and black pepper.
- Remove and reserve.
- Take the tortillas and place them one on top of the other. Now, we cut the tortillas in half.
- We separate those halves and place them one on top of the other. We cut all those tortillas in half again, and repeat the process until we get medium-sized triangles.
- Next, we put the tortillas on a plate or baking sheet. I arranged it in a circular shape to later serve it on a plate.
- Put the vegan cheese on top of the nachos. I put it in the center, cut into small pieces to help it melt faster.
- We put it in the oven at 130-150 degrees, turned on from above. In this way we will ensure that the nachos are golden and crispy and the cheese melts.
- When they are toasted and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes or so, we remove them and add the bolognese and the rest on top of chopped vegetables.
- And that’s it! Serve with a little oregano on top.