A creamy, icy matcha latte with fresh mint! The perfect balance of sweetness, mint and earthy matcha. Just 5 minutes, 5 simple ingredients and a blender required!
- 1 large < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">Medjool date, pitted (if no sugar present try to substitute stevia to taste)
- < span class="wprm-recipe -ingredients-quantity" >1/2 cup light coconut milk span> (can, organic is best)
- 2/3 cup< /span> water
- 1 pinch < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-n ame">Sea salt
- 1 ¼ tsp < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name"> high quality matcha powder (see our Best Matcha Review for Recommended Brands // Our favorite is Kyoto Dew)< /li>< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;" >8-10 medium size Mint Leaves (for great matcha mint add a bit more // or a peppermint partial extract to taste, didn’t taste that good to us)
- ice cream
- On the way to a small blender Add pitted dates, light coconut milk, water, sea salt, matcha powder and mint leaves. Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Flavour and add more mint for a minty flavor, matcha for a tea/grass flavor or a little more dates for more sweetness. Shuffle again to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish more fresh mint (optional). Best fresh. Store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours (the vibrant green hue will fade slightly). Not suitable for the freezer.