Very good to everyone! The end of the year is approaching and I am going to rush the Christmas recipes to the maximum so that this year there is a vegan option on all the tables of the holidays. If you want to be the first to see the recipes, you can follow me on Instagram . Today I bring you these Mini vegan biscuit tarts with layered coverage: coconut-flavored soy yogurt (I used the Apro brand), strawberry jam, chopped Maria-style biscuits (but private label) and a cream decoration.
The cream you see above is from the ‘Schlagfix’ brand and is called Schlagcreme. It comes in 200ml bricks. You can find it in all vegan stores, both physical and online. This cream is perfect because it is vegan, sweet and very easy to assemble. Just whipping it quickly with a whisk is enough. Also: don’t panic. If you don’t have access to this vegetable cream, don’t worry, I put it mainly for decoration, the flavor of these mini vegan biscuit tarts will also be good if you don’t use it.
6-8 Maria-style cookies (but from a vegan brand, see details above)
Plant-based yogurt (I used Alpro coconut, version 500ml)
2 tbsp. soups of vegetable margarine (see the ingredients because they may contain dairy products, animal fats, gelatin…)
Vegetable cream to whip (read the details above)
* Two cups 9cm high by 5cm wide
* Recommended: a pastry bag
Step by step
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of margarine in a saucepan, and when it is melted, add 4 previously crumbled cookies.
- We mix until we create a dense and moldable paste. If you have excess liquid, add more biscuit, and on the contrary, if you lack adhesion in the biscuits, add a little more margarine.
- Place the dough at the base of the glasses and press to fit the corners.
- Next, add a generous layer of yogurt, adapt to the mold.
- To continue, add the thin layer of jam (1cm – 1.5cm) carefully, as the weight of the jam can destroy the yogurt layer. I recommend that you add the jam little by little, to avoid overturning a lot of weight at once.
- We finish the glass by adding a layer of biscuits: 1 or 2 biscuits crumbled by hand, but this time without mixing with the margarine . Dry.
- If you don’t add cream, close with strawberry jam.
- If you use the vegan Schlagcreme cream, whip about 50 ml at full speed, until it thickens and acquires the texture of dense and moldable cream.
- Now, we put it in the pastry bag (if you don’t have one, simply put it on top with a spoon) and decorate the cream by sprinkling a little cocoa powder above.
- And that’s it! Serve it cold.