Very good to everyone! We continue with the round of vegan Christmas recipes (although they are also perfectly suitable for any given day). This time I bring you a Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake with peanut butter and icing sugar, made in the microwave in 1 minute. Literal.
The Mug Cake comes from the union of the concept Mug (cup in English) and Cake (cake, cake). They have always been very popular because of the simplicity and speed of preparation.
3 tablespoons of biscuit flour (yeast is incorporated, see details above)
4 tbsp. vegetable milk tureens (I used soy milk)
2 tbsp. soups of sunflower oil
5 tbsp. soups of soluble cocoa (I used a white brand, and since it has a lot of sugar I didn’t add more)
1/4 tbsp. soup of cinnamon powder
1 tbsp. Liquid vanilla soup
Decoration: Icing sugar
Optional: sugar or syrups to taste. I didn’t add more because the soluble cocoa takes a long time.
Glass: I used one 9 cm high by 6 wide.
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons (generous) of cake flour, 5 tbsp. soups of cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add 1/4 tbsp. soup of cinnamon powder and mix again. If you’re going to add sugar now is the time, if you’re adding liquid sweetener, wait.
- We start with the liquids, adding 1 tbsp. liquid vanilla soup and mix.
- Continue adding the 4 tbsp. soups of soy milk, and mix this time with a few rods. If you add liquid sweetener, it’s time.
- Now, we add the 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sunflower oil and beat again with the rod.
- Finally, add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, beat very well.
- Moment to put it in the cup. The one I used is 6 cm wide and 9 cm high. He took up all the cream and made a large mugcake for two people. I recommend that you make small individual mugcakes if you are going to serve them at Christmas as a dessert because they are very filling. Of course: never exceed with the filling more than half the size of the cup, keep in mind that it grows A LOT and could overflow in the microwave.
- We pour the cream of the vegan mug cake to the cup with which we will “bake” it in the microwave. Make sure the mug is suitable for microwave use.
- We put it in the microwave at 750w or 800w power (each microwave has different powers), for 1 minute. What I did was observe for that minute and then open, check and leave it for another 10 seconds, because I noticed it was slightly damp. I recommend the same.
- And that’s it! Decorate with peanut butter and icing sugar on top.