Asian food is always very successful on the blog and we love it, in fact it is our favorite along with Italian.
- 75 g fideos de arroz (2,5 oz)
- 2 champiñones
- 1 zanahoria
- 1/2 pimiento rojo
- 1/2 cabeza de brócoli, sin el tallo
- 1/4 de cebolla morada
- 3 cucharadas de tamari o salsa de soja
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra o tahini
- 2 cucharadas de agua
- 1 cucharada de sirope de agave
- 1 cucharada de harina de tapioca o maicena
- We cook the rice noodles following the instructions of the package. We strain them, add water to stop the cooking and reserve.
- Cut the vegetables and steam them for about 5 or 10 minutes or until they are done but at dente.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (tamari, oil, water, syrup and tapioca flour) and stir until smooth integrated. We reserve.
- We can sauté the vegetables in a little olive oil so that they have more flavor and are more crispy. This step is optional.
- Put the vegetables (if we have not followed the previous step), the noodles and the sauce in the pan, stir so that they are well integrated and cook about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Serve with a little chopped parsley and sesame seeds (optional).
- We can store the vegan lo mein in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- You can use any vegetable, oil, sweetener or starch (instead of tapioca flour or cornstarch).
- If you use tahini and the sauce it is very thick, add a little more water.