Lentils with vegetables are one of my favorite dishes. I always go back to it when I want to eat something simple but tasty and satiating at the same time, because it is very healthy, rich and totally vegetable.
This dish is very easy to prepare and practically makes itself, just like the recipes in our Vegan Menu Membership. If you don’t have time to cook but you like healthy, balanced and tasty food, you can access the Membership and enjoy vegan menus weekly and reviewed by a nutritionist!
- 4 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra (60 ml)
- 2 cebollas, troceadas
- 2 zanahorias, peladas y troceadas
- 4 pimientos verdes de freír, troceados
- 4 pimientos rojos de los grandes, troceados
- 4 cucharadas de tomate concentrado (60 ml)
- 200 g de lentejas secas (1 taza)
- 2 cucharadas de orégano seco
- 2 cucharadas de pimentón dulce
- 1 cucharadita de sal
- 2 litros de agua (8 tazas)
- 200 g de patatas, peladas y troceadas en cubos grandes (7 oz)
- Pour the oil in a pot and when hot add the vegetables (onion, carrot, green pepper and red pepper). Cook over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Serve immediately with a little white or brown rice and add a little tempeh bacon chopped by on top for a hint of flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for about 4 months .
- You can use whatever vegetables you like or have on hand.
- Add whatever spices you like (fresh or dried).
< li>Any type of potato works for this recipe. You could also use other root vegetables, but cooking time and amount of water may vary.