1 large red onion
2 large cloves of garlic
200 g mushrooms
A dash of olive oil
200g (7oz) Puy lentils (or brown lentils)
450ml (15fl oz) source
1 heaped teaspoon allspice p>
1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
pinch of ground cardamom
500 ml passata (or canned tomatoes)
1 heaped teaspoon of coconut blossom sugar p>
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 large handful of fresh parsley
150 g (5 ounces) rice noodles
1 small apple
< p >< strong>For the walnut cheese sauce cashews:
100 g (3½ oz) cashews
1 large lemon p>
A pinch of black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 heaped tsp dried parsley
More water (dilute if necessary) p>
- In a mug or pitcher, combine the cashews with the lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Roughly chop the red onion and mushrooms.
- Pease or finely chop the garlic and sauté in an onion and mushrooms (with a drizzle of olive oil) in a medium saucepan for a few minutes to bring out their flavor.
- Add the lentils and water to the pan and bring to a boil. li>
- Meanwhile, add the allspice, cinnamon, cardamom, sea salt, coconut sugar, and passata to the pan and stir well.
- Once the pan is boiling, reduce the heat to low/medium, put the lid on. Stir regularly for about 45 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and the mixture resembles a thick sauce. If you’re busy and want to come back to it later, just cook for about 30 minutes, turn off and cover with the lid on and let it finish cooking on its own heat.
- Lentils cooked during the pan-frying part , cook the pasta, drain and set aside.
- Cut the apple into thin slices and roughly chop the parsley. When the lentil portion is cooked, add the parsley to the pan and mix.
- Pour about half of this lentil mixture into a casserole dish and add a layer of your cooked rice noodles (this should be about half the rice noodles ). your pasta). Form another layer over the pasta with your apple slices.
- Drip the rest of your lentil mixture over your apple layer, then add another layer with the remaining pasta.
- Spoons/ pour your cashew sauce over the last layer of pasta. If the cashew sauce seems too thick for you, add some water to thin it out.
- Your layers could look like this:
(base) Lentil – Pasta – Apple – Lentil – Pasta – Cashew Sauce (Side dish)
But remember, there is no right or wrong. Let your creativity run free!
- Place your whole dish in the oven for about 40 minutes at thermostat 6 (200°C/400°F) and then serve hot with vegetables or a salad. .
< li>Let the cashews soak steep in the lemon juice for up to an hour, then puree with a blender to obtain a thick, creamy sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a dash of water to achieve the desired sauce consistency.