- 1 can 400g (14 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 50g (1/3 cup) gluten free flour
- 1 x lemon zest & Juice
- 60 g (1 1/4 cups) chopped coriander
- 1 x finely chopped red onion
- Sweat the onion and garlic with a little olive oil, salt & ; Pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander (Celanto).
- Add your drained chickpeas to the pan and mash them with the bottom of a ladle or potato masher.
- When you are happy with the consistency of the chickpeas, add the lemon zest/juice and gluten-free flour.
- Mix everything together and season if necessary.
- Divide into 5 balls and flatten into small circles.
- Fry until caramelized on both sides.
Recipes No-frills vegan – Food Rhino
Like this recipe? Sign up for Veganuary today to get recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox.