This «Lamb» Berber stew with seasoned semolina from Robin Food is the last proposal of the year of the challenge Veganiza the chef and without a doubt it has been our favorite so far. A delicious and full of flavor stew, requires time, but it is totally worth it.
In this recipe we had to make the meat broth vegan, which we have easily replaced with the vegetable broth that we showed you in the last post (you can see the recipe here). Instead of honey we have used agave syrup, although it is not an essential ingredient, so you can eliminate it. Finally, the lamb, which was the real challenge of the recipe. We had a failed attempt to make homemade seitan, but since the experience was a disaster, we resorted to tofu and the result has been spectacular.
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 275 gramos de tofu firme
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1 trocito de jengibre fresco (4 gramos)
- 1 cebolla
- 1 guindilla
- 1 cucharadita de menta
- 50 mililitros de vino blanco
- 1 cucharadita de ras el hanout
- 20 mililitros de vinagre de manzana
- 1 tomate
- 1 zanahoria
- 100 gramos de calabaza
- 4 patatas pequeñas
- 4 orejones
- 1 hoja de laurel
- 1 cucharada de sirope de agave
- 750 mililitros de caldo de verduras
- 250 gramos de cuscús
- Sal y pimienta negra al gusto
- To make the tofu< /strong>, you have to take it out of the container and eliminate all the liquid. We cut it into 6 pieces, wrapped them with paper napkins (kitchen paper also works), put some weight on them and left them for an hour. After that time we remove the paper and cut it into pieces. We made the grilled tofu with a drizzle of oil until they were golden brown and crispy on the outside. Reserve.
- In a pot fry half an onion, the garlic, the ginger very finely chopped together with the < strong>chili pepper finely chopped and the mint. When they start to brown, add the wine so that the vegetables don’t stick or burn and you don’t have to add a lot of oil.
- Add the ras el hanout, the vinegar and the rest of the vegetables (the half onion, the tomato, the carrot, the pumpkin and the potatoes) cut into large pieces, the dried apricots, the bay leaf, the syrup, the tofu and cover with 500 milliliters of vegetable broth. Leave the stew for about 25 or 30 minutes over medium heat or until the potatoes are done.
- To make the couscous Boil 250 milliliters of vegetable broth with salt, remove from the heat and add the couscous. Let stand for the time indicated by the manufacturer, stir with a fork to make it loose and add ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the couscous on a plate and the stew on top with plenty of sauce.