You can use a teaspoon of sugar to make the tomato sauce less acidic, although we prefer baking soda because it is healthier. You can also add some herb or spice, such as oregano or basil.
- 1 kilo de tomates
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 1/4 de cucharadita de bicarbonato
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- In a pan add the olive oil to taste and fry the 4 cloves of garlic that we have previously cut into slices.
- When they begin to brown, add the tomatoes cut into pieces, salt and pepper, and let them reduce over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Next, beat the sauce in a blender, food processor or in a puree raisin, and if you want you can strain it for a thinner sauce. We leave it as is, since we like it that way.
- We pour the sauce back into the pan and add the baking soda, which will start to bubble, stir so that is distributed throughout the sauce and leave another 5 minutes or until it stops bubbling.