One of the first things I’m going to do when I get back to Spain is get my juice extractor out of the cupboard and make myself a huge juice because I miss them so much. Sometimes I buy freshly made natural juices (the packaged ones are usually full of sugars or pasteurized and lose their nutrients), but they tend to be expensive, that’s why since I’ve been here I mainly drink smoothies and although I love smoothies, I also like love juices. I know that there are many detractors of this type of drink, but it is not my case, I consider them very healthy and they make me feel great.
This juice or juice is perfect to combat fluid retention due to the ingredients it has: pineapple, apple, cucumber and papaya. It has a very rich flavor, so you can enjoy while nourishing your body.
- 1 taza de piña (165 g)
- 1 manzana
- 1 pepino
- 1 papaya
- Peel and chop the ingredients. If the cucumber and apple are organic, it is not necessary.
- Insert the fruits little by little into the juicer.
- You can drink the juice as it is, although I personally prefer to strain it.
- The pineapple has to be natural, canned pineapple or pineapple in syrup is not valid.
- You can use any type of apple.
- If you can’t find papaya, you can add more pineapple, mango, orange or whatever fruit you have on hand.
- To make the juice even more nutritious, you can add green leaves such as spinach, lettuce, lamb’s lettuce, arugula etc.