You know I’m addicted to smoothies, but now I have a new obsession: green juices. They fill me with energy, nourish my body and I feel great after taking them. They are prepared in a moment, especially if you have a good extractor. Ideally, it should have a slow technology to keep the vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants in our ingredients alive.
We have been using our extract for over a year and we couldn’t be happier with it. Since we got it we have used it every week, but now we are juicing daily and experimenting with different ingredients. At first we used a lot of fruit and few vegetables, but now we are doing them the other way around because they are healthier and more nutritious since they incorporate so many green leaves.
- 3 manzanas rojas
- 2 tazas de espinacas (60 g)
- 1 rama de apio
- 2 pepinos
- 2 zanahorias grandes
- Peel and chop the ingredients and add them a little little by little in the juice extractor.
- You can take the juice as it is, although I personally prefer to strain it.
- If you use organic ingredients, you don’t need to peel them.
- You can substitute other fruits and vegetables without any problem.
- The ideal is to consume freshly made juice, but if you want to store or transport it, it is best to fill a bottle, jar or container (glass if possible) to the top and put a lid on it, leaving the least amount of oxygen as possible to prevent oxidation. Consume it within a maximum of one day to make the most of its nutrients.
- With the leftover pulp you can do many things: reuse it in shakes to provide more fiber, in soups, purees, to make vegetable burgers, muffins , cookies, etc Starting next week we will share some recipes with you so that you can learn how to take advantage of it.