I have never liked coffee and since I was little I have thought that it was not a healthy food, that is why I did not want to get used to it because then it is very difficult to give it up, besides, the times I drink it, it does not feel particularly good, I speed up a lot (it seems that I have gotten into something) and they have even given me power surges (even though I have low blood pressure).
The best way to have energy in the morning throughout the day is to sleep well, have a healthy and balanced diet (it is important to eat enough complex carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables) and if we need an extra shot, resort to green smoothies or green juices. The good thing about juices is that by discarding the fiber, we have more nutrients in a single glass and they fill us up much less, that’s why we can take them accompanied by something else if we don’t feel like eating only fruit for breakfast.
- 2 limones
- 2 peras
- 1 pepino
- 3 tazas de espinacas (90 g)
- 1 pedacito de jengibre (2 cm ó 1 pulgada)
- 1 ó 2 cucharaditas de espirulina en polvo (opcional)
- Peel and chop the ingredients and add them a little little by little in the juice extractor.
- You can take the juice as it is, although I personally prefer to strain it.
- If you use organic lemons you don’t need to peel them, but the white part of the lemon can make the juice very bitter.
- No pears and cucumbers need to be peeled if they are organic.
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, use ginger powder. Add it little by little until it is to your liking.
- You can use other green leaves or fruits if you don’t like some or they are not in season in your area.