- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 whole spring onion stalks, ends trimmed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, about 2 tsp, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped or grated li>
- 2 medium Idaho potatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 green plantain
- 1 can of kidney beans or black-eyed peas
- 12 medium okra (optional )
- 5 cups water if no okra, 6 cups with okra
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons vegetable margarine
- Juice 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp oil
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried coffee
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper um, or to taste li>
- 1 small whole Scotch Bonnet (Habanero) pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add oil.
- Fry carrots, garlic, spring onions and ginger for 5 minutes. Then add the potatoes, corn, plantains, and beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all the spices except the Scotch Bonnet and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- While the soup begins to boil, combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a small bowl.
- Start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Then add the oil and 3 tablespoons of water. Don’t overmix. The dough should be slightly dry. Add additional water if needed, 1 heaped teaspoon at a time.
- When the soup has come to a simmer, add the ravioli, 1 heaped teaspoon at a time.
- Remove the Scotch topping , spring onions and sprigs of thyme before serving.
Do you like this recipe? So why not subscribe to Veganuary to get more delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox! p>