A healthy and easy 5-ingredient homemade dark chocolate recipe made with cocoa butter and cocoa powder and sweetened naturally with maple syrup!
- 1 1/4 cup
finely chopped cocoa butter *
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-quantity">2 soup Coconut Oil
- 2 soup maple syrup*
- 1/2 span> TL Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Nibs< /span>
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 inches of water and bring Let it simmer over medium heat. Then reduce the heat to medium and set a medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl on top, being careful not to touch the water (this creates a “double water bath”).
- Into the mixing bowl, add the finely chopped cocoa butter and walnut oil and allow to melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden stick or whisk – about 1 cup 2-3 minutes.
- Once melted, bowl carefully remove from heat (turn away from heat), cocoa or cocoa powder through a fine sieve (so) and sift over the melted cocoa butter (otherwise it may become lumpy). Using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir until smooth and smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and stir again. You can also add salt and vanilla at this point (optional).
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed. I added about 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in total (as written in recipe // adjust if changing batch size), but that’s entirely up to you and how sweet you prefer your chocolate. Add more vanilla to enhance the chocolate flavor and give more depth to the taste, salt for savory or more cocoa/cocoa powder for an intense chocolate taste.
- Pour your chocolate into the molds of your choice. Like these bar shapes, but you can also just cast in or a lined with parchment paper I also sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Carefully place in the freezer (I like to lay mine on a baking sheet or plate so that it lays flat and stable as it cools). Remove from the molds once the chocolate has set – about 1 hour.
- Store covered in the fridge or even in the freezer for several weeks longer long. Let it come back to near room temperature before serving as it is creamier and the flavors are more pronounced if slightly warmed.
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;">1 cup Cocoa or unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted // I prefer half cacao, half cacao for flavor)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style=" list-style-type: disk;">1 healthy pinch Sea Salt (optional)< /span> < /ul> < /div>
< /ul> < /div>