This is the best recipe I’ve had in a long time! The combination of spaghetti, homemade tomato sauce and meatballs is incredible, although these meatballs are delicious with anything or even alone.
Luckily there are more and more vegan options in restaurants and it is quite an achievement that Ikea gives us alternatives such as its famous vegetarian meatballs. It’s what we usually have when we go shopping there, they also have salad, gazpacho, chips, pasta with tomato and recently we saw a vegetarian dish that was basically pilaf with vegetables. The meatballs are also sold frozen in the supermarket, so we don’t hesitate to buy them and version them to our liking. The result is spectacular. We hope you will be encouraged to prepare them.
- 1/2 taza de guisantes congelados (60 g)
- 1/2 taza de maíz congelado (80 g)
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1/2 cebolla troceada
- 1 zanahoria troceada
- 1/2 pimiento rojo troceado
- 2 puñados de kale o col rizada (40 g)*
- 400 g de garbanzos de bote o cocinados (14 oz)
- 1 cucharadita azúcar integral o de coco
- 1 cucharada de orégano
- 1 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de pimentón. El nuestro era picante, pero podéis usar pimentón dulce
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- Pimienta negra molida al gusto
- 2 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o levadura de cerveza (opcional)
- 1 y 1/2 tazas de harina de avena o copos de avena triturados (180 g)**
- We cook the frozen peas and corn following package instructions.
- Put the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion, carrot, red pepper and kale over medium-high heat for about 5 or 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, place the chickpeas, peas, corn, sautéed vegetables, and all other ingredients except the oatmeal. Beat for a few seconds.
- Add the oatmeal and beat again until all the ingredients are integrated.
- We preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- While we make balls with our hands. We got 32.
- We baked the meatballs in a baking tray or container for about 30 to 40 minutes. The time may vary depending on each oven and how done you like your meatballs.
- We serve the meatballs with our favorite sauce. We usually use tomato sauce or marinara sauce. This time we serve them with spaghetti, tomato sauce and fresh chopped basil.
- You can reheat and freeze the meatballs without any problem.
* If you can’t find kale or kale, use spinach.
** If you use rolled oats with a gluten content of less than 20 ppm or 20 mg/kg, it will be a recipe suitable for coeliacs as indicated by EC regulation 41/2009. However, people with severe sensitivity to gluten can experience symptoms below 20 ppm, so they should consider their tolerance level.