Easy one-ingredient caramel with creamy date puree. A versatile, naturally sweet raw caramel that’s perfect for adding caramel flavor to a variety of dishes.
- 20 large pitted dates (if not wet and sticky, soak in lukewarm water for 10 minutes, drain leave)
- Water (to be clarified)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt (optional)
- Place pitted dates in a food processor or High speed mixer (in my experience a < a href ="https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/QtxJev-NfUb9vRYSMYc2k_kAAAFj7O1ZwAEAAAFKAQuqDUM/https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBZOYAK/re f =as_at?creativeASIN=B00LBZOYAK&linkCode=w61&imprToken=SlSSLfcQaeZioQwUD6tDKw&slotNum=2&tag=minimalistbaker-20" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Food Processor works best for a creamy texture without having to add a lot of water).
- Pulse/mix on low until small chunks remain are . Then, while the mixer is on, squirt hot water until a paste forms. You need to scrape the pages and promote it regularly.
- Be careful to only add enough water to form a paste – too much and it will runny. The amount depends on your machine and the size/moisture of the dates.
- Leave as is or add a pinch of salt to enhance flavor (optional). Keeps covered for 1-2 weeks and often longer in the fridge.
- Date caramel is perfect for adding to things like < a href="https://minimalistbaker.com/5-ingredient-salted-caramel-peanut-butter-truffles/" target="_blank">5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Caramel Truffles , < a href=" https://minimalistbaker.com/no-bake-pbj-pie/" target="_blank">Peanut Butter Jelly Pie, No Churn Ice Cream, Vegan Pumpkin Caramels< /a>, Dulce De Leche Pops , Ice Cream Snickers Bars, Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Ice Cream, Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Pie and more.