My goodness, today I come with a recipe that has surprised me! I have already told you about it on Instagram, but for those of you who don’t follow me, story here: really these vegan nuggets were an experiment that I wasn’t sure how they were going to turn out. But after spicing, battering, frying and finally tasting…I have to tell you that they are simply incredible!
To give you an idea, when I gave them to my roommates to try, one of them asked me if they really weren’t made with meat. He basically believed it because he knows I wouldn’t cook with animals!
500 grams of canned Jackfruit
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of oregano
1/3 tbsp ground ginger
Tip of a tablespoon of white pepper
1/3 tbsp of black pepper
3 pinches of parsley
1 and 1/2 handfuls of brewer’s yeast
For the batter
1 small tsp Sweet Paprika
1/2 small tsp Hot Paprika
Breadcrumbs (I used the one with garlic and parsley)< br> Flour (I used normal wheat flour)
Corn flake cereals (above I tell you in detail)
Sunflower oil (for frying)
Step by step
- The first thing we will do is remove the Jackfruit from the can and pour it into a strainer.
- Lo we crumble well, ‘destroying’ everything with our hands, absolutely everything. It is important that there are no thick and hard pieces because then the bite of the nugget will not be as good.
- When everything is separated by fine filaments (see the 2nd photo below) We pass it through plenty of water to wash all the Jackfruit well.
- Then, we drain it for 2 minutes and transfer it to a plate.
- Next we are going to spice it up with 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Continue with: 1 tablespoon of oregano, two pinches of salt, 1/2 tablespoon of powdered ginger, tip of a tablespoon of white pepper, 1/3 tablespoon of black pepper and 3 pinches of parsley. Mix well with the Jackfruit.