Good morning guys! We start the round of vegan Christmas recipes. This year I am going to dedicate the 4 weeks remaining before the end of the year to offering you vegan alternatives for the typical Christmas dishes: vegetable meats, roasts, sweets,… Let’s see if you can enjoy the dinners that way! of Christmas!
And as you can see, today we start with the homemade nougats. Making a nougat at home is really simple, that’s why this week I’m not bringing you one recipe, but I’m bringing you two. Those of you who follow me on Instagram already know firsthand which one is the second 🙂
300 grams of dark chocolate bar
1/2 cup of puffed rice
300 grams of peeled hazelnuts
1 teaspoon of Agave Syrup
A pinch of Cinnamon
Optional: 1/2 cup of oat milk (read text above)
Optional. To decorate: strawberry syrup and grated coconut
*We will need a mold/tupper to let our nougat rest.
Step by step
- In a pot over medium heat, put the 300 grams of chocolate and, optionally, the half cup of oat milk. Next, add the teaspoon of agave syrup.
- Keep it on low heat, stirring periodically so that the chocolate melts but does not stick to the pot.
- While the chocolate melts , we are going to crush the hazelnuts and a pinch of cinnamon with a hand blender, until we get a creamy and homogeneous paste. I also wanted to leave a few pieces of hazelnut to give the nougat a crunchier touch.
- When the chocolate is already melted, turn off the heat and add the half cup of puffed rice and the crushed hazelnuts. Stir well and pour over the mold.
- Let it cool and, when it is no longer hot, put it in the freezer for 1 or 2 hours.
- After the wait, we remove the homemade chocolate nougat from the freezer and unmold it.
- We cut it into small strips or cubes and, optionally, we can decorate it with a pinch of strawberry syrup and grated coconut, to give it a touch more christmassy.