Hello everyone! Today I come with a more than necessary recipe for these hot days that are leaving us KO: a homemade vanilla and caramel ice cream, without milk . At least here in Valencia the humidity and heat are so unbearable that the only thing that keeps me going is ice cream, cold gazpacho and horchata.
I have been preparing this type of ice cream for years because they are easy, cheap, healthy and you do not need special ingredients or machinery (we will not need a refrigerator to prepare them). This ice cream has a creamy, smooth, naturally sweet result.
2 large, very ripe bananas (frozen in pieces for at least 2 hours, but ideally 8 hours)
*We will need a food grinder type hand mixer or glass
Step by step
- We select two large and ripe bananas and peel them, chop them and freeze them between 2 and 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, we crush the 5 pitted dates with a very small trickle of water.
- When it is well crushed (there will be a homogeneous mixture, without pieces) we check the texture and add more water depending on the density with which we want the caramel to remain. I like it a little thicker than a custard, but this depends on taste.
- We reserve it in the fridge (if it has thickened, we just have to add a little more water and blend again, but it is It is important that the date caramel is fresh so that it goes well with the ice cream).
- When the time has elapsed, place them in the blender and grind until it becomes a dense but smooth ice cream .
- Next, we add 2 tbsp. very generous soups of liquid vanilla and mix again.
- We pour the ice cream into a large bowl or glass, and we can intersperse layers of caramel, cherries and ice cream, or simply place all the ice cream and then decorate with some sprinkles of caramel.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and cocoa on top.
- Decorate with some fresh cherries and ready to eat by the spoonful!