Making homemade chocolate syrup is the easiest thing in the world. For many years I resorted to packaged syrups that are made with white sugar and a thousand other ingredients, but not anymore. Best of all, I only need 2 ingredients that I always have in my pantry and it takes less than 2 minutes to prepare.
- 4 cucharadas de sirope de arce o agave (1/4 taza)
- 2 cucharadas de cacao en polvo sin azúcar
- Put the ingredients in a container and mix with the help of some rods or a fork until they are perfectly integrated.
- You can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for at least 1 or 2 weeks. It can be used like any other chocolate syrup to decorate sweet recipes such as waffles< /a>, pancakes, crepes, cakes, donuts or ice-cream a>.
- If you want your chocolate syrup more or less sweet or thick, you can adjust the amount of maple and cocoa syrup to your liking.
- The syrup can be substituted with other types of syrups or molasses.
- I have never prepared the recipe with raw cocoa or carob flour, so I would not know how to tell you the equivalence.