Hello everybody! Today we are going with an impressive recipe that I improvised the other day: Heura noodles with vegan cheese sauce. It is super easy and quick to prepare and the flavor is spectacular.
I always buy the noodles that I will use in Asian food stores. There you will find a lot of varieties suitable for vegans! But if you can’t find eggless wheat noodles, you can use traditional spaghetti or tagliatelle for this dish. No problem :-).
2 blocks of wheat noodles (or 200 gr) 200 ml of vegetable cream (or soy milk without sugar) 3 handfuls of Mediterranean heura 4 or 5 handfuls of grated vegan cheese 1 onion 2 cloves of garlic Olive oil Garlic powder Salt
Step by step
- First, finely chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Sauté in a pan with oil of olive oil until lightly browned, and when it begins to take on color, add the Heura and sauté until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles between 3 and 5 minutes in plenty of boiling water.
- We leave them cooking and continue with the sauté. To do this, add the 200 ml of vegetable cream (or soy milk without sugar), two pinches of salt and two pinches of garlic powder.
- Mix and add the 4 or 5 handfuls of cheese grated vegan.
- Keep over medium heat until melted. Stirring constantly.
- When the sauce is smooth, turn off the heat.
- When the noodles are ready, strain them and mix with the sauce.
- And ready to eat!