Very good to everyone! I’m back from vacation and we start this new season. September begins and for me, the new year really begins. Soon you will be seeing many news in my social networks, but for now I come with this piece of Healthy bowl of rice, homemade hummus , assorted crudités and sautéed pumpkin that I promised you before I left.
It is a very handy bowl, simple and based on combining flavors that marry perfectly, with ingredients that are easy to find, cheap and healthy.
3/4 cup of long-grain rice
2 garlic cloves
Three handfuls of raw spinach
A slice of raw pumpkin
1 large tomato
For the hummus (there will be left over for store, it lasts for days in the fridge)
400 gr of chickpeas
2 cloves of garlic
Salt< br> Optional: sesame seeds
Step by step
- On the one hand, cut the pumpkin into cubes and cook them in plenty of water. Let it cook until the squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
- On the other hand, in a medium-sized pot, add a splash of olive oil and sauté the two halved garlic cloves. li>
- When they are toasted, add the 3/4 cup of long rice and sauté it raw, over medium heat, for 1 minute. Without letting it brown.
- Next, add twice as much water as rice, and let it cook, without stirring, until the rice is ready and the water has been consumed.
- On the other hand, we are going to prepare the hummus. To do this:
- In a container where you can comfortably grind, add 200 g of chickpeas, a very generous splash of olive oil (about 1 or 2 tablespoons), a pinch of salt and the two raw garlic cloves.
- Mix very well until you get a smooth cream, and add about 80-100 ml of water. Blend again.
- Next, add the remaining 200 g of chickpeas, 1 small tsp of paprika, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds, 1/2 small tsp of cumin and another half of salt . Blend until everything is a homogeneous cream.
- It’s time to taste: you can add more salt, cumin, paprika or garlic to enhance the flavor, or a little more water if you want it more liquid. Personally, I like hummus rather thick and creamy.
- Reserve it in the fridge.
- When the pumpkin is cooked and the ready rice, reserve the rice and remove the pumpkin from the pot.
- Put it in a pan with a little olive oil and brown it.
- Then we assemble the bowl with a rice base, putting hummus in the center. I like to decorate it by adding a little sweet paprika, extra cumin, sesame seeds, and olive oil.
- Later, we serve with chopped raw spinach, tomato wedges, and carrot peeled and cut into strips. Season the top with a little salt, olive oil, parsley and garlic powder. And that’s it!