1 bowl, gluten-free, low-sugar apple crisp made with rolled oats, pecans, and caramelized apples. A healthier vegan dessert perfect for fall!
- 2 ripe, < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">crunchy apples* (1 pie, 1 sweet), peeled, cored and thinly sliced lengthways span>< /li>
- 2 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-unit">tablespoon Lemon Juice
- < span class="wprm -recipe-ingredient-amount">2 tsp water< /li>
- 2-3 soup Coconut Sugar (according to apple cutie)
- 1 /2 span> TL Cinnamon
- 2 TL arrowroot or cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 176°C and prepare an 8 x 8 baking pan po< /a> ( or something similar).
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the apple slices and top with the remaining ingredients for the filling. Mix to combine. Pour the apple mixture into the pan and pour the remaining liquid over the apples.
- Wipe out your mixing bowl and add all the ingredients for add the filling. Stir to combine, then use your fingers to break up the sugar clumps. Scatter over the apples in an even layer.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes ( uncovered) or until the filling is bubbling, the apples are very tender (especially in the center of the dish) and the filling is a deep golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. This chip is delicious on its own, but topped it off with coconut whipped cream or a large scoop of almond or peanut butter for extra protein!
- < span style="display: block;">Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Microwave or oven at 176°C (350°F) until heated through.