Perfectly grilled corn with a hearty and flavorful sriracha aioli. The perfect side dish or summer snack. 10 ingredients, vegan and gluten free.
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 5 Cloves < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name ">Garlic< /span> (chopped/shredded) span>
- 1/4 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit ">cup< /span> Water
- 1-2 Soup Olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 EL Lime juice li>
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste )
- 1 span > TL sriracha (or other hot sauce // more to taste)
- 1 pinch any chilli powder, smoked paprika powder and ground cumin
- 1/2 TL < a href="https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/QupHUusXpvPZ71U-x_orPOMAAAFjjnW7lwEAAAFKAfeT5h4/https://www.amazon .com/Bragg-Nutritional-Yeast-Seasoning-Premium/dp/ B002863BIW/ref=as_at/?creativeASIN=B002863BIW&imprToken=SdjvNmOFGURtdnxHQcztoQ&slotNum=14&ie=UTF8&qid=1461084690&sr;=8-Words=8-Words -2&20Nutritional+Yeast6&linkCode ;linkId=12fe6e68ab29a48c6d7eb87837ef 3c4b" class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 8 large corn on the cob (unshelled)
FOR SERVING optional
- Lime Juice
- Chili powder
- Fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave uncovered for 45 minutes – 1 hour (or until very soft). Then drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the corn by placing it in a large bowl and Cover with cold water for about 10 minutes so it doesn’t burn too much on the grill. Then place on a baking sheet and set aside. Prepare all other toppings at this point (cilantro, lime, chili powder, etc.).
- Start preheating the grill as soon as the cashews are present are almost ready soaked. Then add the soaked and drained cashews to the Blender with chilled garlic, water , Olive Oil (at the bottom), Maple Syrup, Lime Juice, Salt, Pepper, Sriracha and Spices. Nutritional yeast is optional.
- Mix over high heat until creamy and smooth, scraping sides as needed. Taste and adjust the spices as needed, adding more water if too thick, adding salt to balance flavors, sriracha for spiciness, cumin for smokiness, garlic for spiciness, garlic syrup maple for sweetness or lime juice for acidity. Transfer to a serving platter and set aside.
- To grill corn, set it (without the husk) for about -8 minutes and close the lid. Turn/turn in between to ensure even cooking. This gently cooks the corn before it is placed directly on the grill.
- Once the envelope is golden, remove the sleeve (optionally remove completely) and grill again. Close the lid, but watch carefully and turn until all sides of the corn are golden brown.
- Corn to serve Drizzle with aioli and lime juice (absolutely!), chilli powder and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Preferably fresh.
ul > div>