Food plays a very important role in our immune system and there are certain foods that can help us strengthen it or are even useful for fighting colds and making us feel better. This soup is perfect for that and it is also delicious, it is not the typical concoction that you have to eat without breathing. ?
If you don’t like spicy food, don’t add it, but if you have a cold and especially if it has affected your respiratory system or you have mucus, you should add the chili because it has therapeutic properties (it acts as a decongestant and expectorant and purifies the lungs).
- 3 puñados de kale o de espinacas (60 g)
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla troceada
- 1/2 puerro troceado
- 1/2 taza de guisantes congelados (60 g)
- 2 trozos de jengibre fresco (unos 2 cm ó 1 pulgada)*
- 1/2 cabeza de brócoli troceada sin el tallo (180 g)
- 1 lata de leche de coco (400 ml ó 14 oz)
- 3 tazas de agua o caldo de verduras (750 ml)
- 1/8 cucharadita de guindilla cayena en polvo**
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- Pimienta negra molida al gusto
- 4 cucharadas de levadura nutricional o levadura de cerveza
- El zumo de medio limón
- We put all the ingredients in a pot except yeast and lemon juice and cook over high heat until it starts to boil.
- Lower the heat to medium high and cook for 10 minutes.
- We serve the soup in a bowl and decorate it as we like. We add pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and sliced almonds. Normally when we make this recipe, we cook macaroni following the instructions on the package and add them to the soup, so it is a more filling, satiating and complete dish.
< li id="instruction-step-3">Beat in a blender together with the yeast and lemon juice until all the ingredients are perfectly integrated.
*We use frozen ginger because when we buy it fresh we chop it up and freeze it to make it last longer.
**If you’re not used to the spiciness, add less and try the soup before adding more.