10 ingredient, 30 minute vegan mac n cheese infused with green chili and topped with baked shredded tortilla chips!
- 10 ounces < span class ="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">large macaroni shells span> (gluten free for GF eaters // I used pipe rigate)< /li>
- 1/2 medium white onion (diced)
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked 4-6 hours or overnight then drained)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (DIY< /a > or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 Soup< /span> < a href="https://aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com/x/c/QupHUusXpvPZ71U-x_orPOMAAAFjjnW7lwEAAAAFKAfeT5h4/https:// www.amazon.com/Bragg-Nutritional-Yeast-Seasoning-Premium/dp/B002863BIW/ref=as_at/creativeASIN=B002863BIW&? imprToken=SdjvNmOFGURtdnxHQcztoQ& SlotNum = 14 & ie = UTF8 & qid=1461084690& sr=8-2& keywords=yeast & nutrition+; linkCode=W61& tag=minimalistbaker-20 & linkid=12fe6e68ab29a48c6d7eb87837ef3c4b " class="wprm-recipe-in-gredient-link" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Nutritional yeast
- 1 4 oz (add half to the sauce, the other half to the Store finished cooking mac n cheese)
- 1 cup tortilla chips (optional)
- Co fresh rice (optional // for garnish)< / li>
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;">3-4 < span class="wprm -recipe-ingredient-unit">Cloves Garlic (chopped)
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;">1/2 span> TL Caraway
- If filling with tortilla chips, break up the chips into fine crumbs and place in a parchment-lined or foil-lined baking dish. Spray with olive or avocado oil, sprinkle with salt and stir. Then bake at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- In a pan at medium Sauté onion and garlic in a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook until tender and fragrant – about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Onions and garlic into a Blender with remaining ingredients, omit tortillas and add only half of the green chiles. Blend until smooth and use the Liquify setting when you have it to make it really smooth. Otherwise, blend until smooth and creamy, scraping sides if necessary, for up to 1 minute.
- Drain pasta, set aside and cover (with a towel). In the same saucepan you used to cook the pasta, add the cashew cheese and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- Add the macaroni and cheese noodles along with the remaining green chiles and stir. Serve immediately, garnished with shredded toasted tortilla chips and cilantro (optional).