Golden milk is a very healthy and nutritious recipe perfect to drink during a cold winter afternoon. It is very comforting and delicious and is prepared with vegetable milk, turmeric and other simple ingredients. I love it!
In addition, turmeric has many health benefits, as it is rich in antioxidants. It can improve memory, lower blood sugar, reduce inflammation, and boost the immune system, among other things.
- 2 tazas de leche vegetal sin endulzar (500 ml), yo usé leche de soja
- 2 cucharadas de sirope de arce
- 1 cucharadita de cúrcuma en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de extracto de vainilla (opcional)
- 1/4 cucharadita de jengibre en polvo (opcional)
- Una pizca de pimienta negra molida (opcional)
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, stir until well integrated and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 -4 days.
- If this is your first time making this recipe, I advise you to first add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, try it and then add more if you want.
- You can substitute soy milk for coconut milk, almond milk or oat milk.
- Although sweetener is optional, golden milk will taste better if you use it.
- You can add any type of sweetener.
- The ground black pepper increases the properties and absorption of the turmeric, but you can safely omit it.
- Add or change the spices you want.
- I recommend that you make your own vanilla extract at home, as it is healthier and inexpensive.
- I used ground cinnamon, but you can also make this recipe with a cinnamon stick. In that case, remember to remove it before serving.