couple of years ago the buddha bowl became fashionable, a kind of bowl or plates so full of food that they resemble a prominent belly, like that of a Buddha. I also read that they are called that because they are made with simple and healthy foods, which should be enjoyed with gratitude.
- 1/2 taza de quinoa cruda (85 g)
- 1/2 taza de edamame congelado (90 g)
- 1/2 cabeza de brócoli, troceada y sin el tallo
- 1 taza de espinacas (30 g), nosotros usamos espinacas baby
- 1 pepino pequeño, troceado
- 2 cucharadas de semillas de calabaza
- Chimichurri sin aceite al gusto
- Cook the quinoa following the instructions in our entry «How to cook quinoa«.
- Cook edamame according to package directions.
- Steam or cook broccoli about 5 minutes or until desired .
- To assemble the dish, place lots of each ingredient: cooked quinoa, cooked edamame, steamed broccoli, cucumber, and spinach.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chimichurri to taste and serve immediately.
- If you don’t go to eat it freshly made, you can store the ingredients separately in the fridge for about 3 or 4 days.
- If you can’t find edamame, you can use any other frozen, dried, or canned legume.
- You can use any grain, vegetable, seed, or sauce or add other ingredients.