- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder li>
- 1/2 baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (or coconut)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups red currants
- For the glaze:
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons agave
< li>1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently fold in until well combined, before incorporating about half of the currants – leaving the rest on the stick for display.
- Grease the pancakes with a little coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the mold and onto a cooling rack place.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the ingredients for the glaze together in a saucepan and simmer until reduced and fairly thick. Allow to cool slightly before placing on top of the cake, strategically dripping some down the sides. Leave to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and decorate with the remaining currants.