- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 can of whole coconut milk
- 3 cups of water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely diced
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, leave whole but crush several times with the back of a knife to release the flavor
- 1 lime
< li>2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice and chop the spring onion, yellow onion and garlic add to pot.
- Add lemongrass stalks, chopped ginger, and chopped carrots and cook until tender.
- Once fragrant, add water, coconut milk, tamari, and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Once cooked, add red peppers, mushrooms, and other vegetables of your choice and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remember to remove the lemongrass stalk before serving. Add more tamari or salt to taste.
- Serve with a lime wedge, diced spring onions and roughly chopped cilantro.