Gazpacho is one of my favorite Spanish dishes. I could eat it at all hours! It is so nutritious and refreshing that it is an ideal way to eat vegetables during the hot months. In addition, it is very tasty and totally delicious.
Although this delicious soup can be eaten at any time of the day, I like to have a glass when I come home after a hot day at the beach to cool off. It is also a perfect starter for a dinner with friends.
- 1 kilo de tomates muy maduros (2 libras), troceados
- 2 pimientos verdes (230 g), troceados
- 1 pepino (180 g), pelado y troceado
- 1 diente de ajo (sin el germen)
- 1/3 taza de aceite de oliva virgen extra (75 g)
- 2 cucharadas de vinagre, yo utilizo vinagre de manzana
- 1–2 cucharaditas de sal
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat until desired consistency.
- Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours or until well chilled. If you’re in a hurry, you can serve it with ice cubes, although it’s best left to cool.
- Eat plain or serve as a main course with chopped vegetables or croutons and olive oil. olive on top You can also accompany it with vegetable protein such as seitan or add some chickpea croutons or vegan feta cheese, or take it with some tasty cauliflower steaks.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in a container airtight for about 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Ideally, you should shake or stir it before using it, or re-crush it if you’ve frozen it so it has a uniform consistency.
- If garlic doesn’t sit well with you, try remove the germ or replace it with garlic powder, which is more digestive. Another option is to add cooked garlic.
- I use apple cider vinegar because it is very healthy, but use the vinegar that you like best or the one you have around the house.
- I do not peel the tomatoes because that way I take better advantage of its nutrients and in this way the gazpacho is very good, especially if you use a powerful blender.
- The amount of garlic, oil, vinegar and salt is indicative. Depending on your taste, you may want to add more or less, although it seems perfect to me.
- You can also add other vegetables such as onions or red peppers.
- You I recommend that you add 1 teaspoon of salt and that you taste the gazpacho before adding more so as not to overdo it.
- If you like the gazpacho more liquid, you can add a little water to taste and if you like it denser, you can add bread.
- Add less oil if you want the gazpacho to be lighter.
- The riper the tomatoes, the richer the gazpacho will be.